Back in 1869, General Stager, Professor Elisha Gray and one Enos Barton contributed $2,500 each and opened a shop in Cleveland, OH making electrical parts. Their move to Chicago set the stage for a storied future involving Bell Telephone, Bell Labs, AT&T, and Westrex among other legendary names.
More recently, entrepreneur Charles Whitener, in cooperation with AT&T, reestablished Western Electric® and the Westrex Corporation® and in 1997 resumed manufacturing the first 300-B single-ended triode tubes in Kansas City. They received universal praise and quickly became the gold standard.
In 2003 the company moved 300-B manufacturing to Huntsville, AL, and through those years WE served the Department of Defense with with electron tubes and test sets. WE also designed and engineered audio amplifiers, CD players, phono pre-amplifiers along with other audio components. Fast-forward to 2009 and the company, now based in Rossville, GA, is building a new factory where the WE 300-Bs are being prepared..
In addition to vacuum tubes, WE will offer an expanded product line including amplifiers, pro sound AMT drivers and other components. WE products are designed and assembled in the USA.