Phasemation began with cartridge development as a founding principal. The fruits of their consistent research and the know-how accumulated since the original Phase-tech P1 release more than 15 years ago have been have substantial - the culmination of this research is realised in the PP-1000. The mid and high's sound exceptionally lively with rich bass frequencies which are woven together in perfect harmony. The release of the highly revered PP-1000 coincided with the launch of the brand "Phasemation", as a new product line different from the conventional Phase-Tech cartridge series. The PP-1000 has won many awards and remains a best seller today.
Redesigning the magnetic circuit
The magnetic circuit of the original Phase Tech P-1G has been reconsidered in full scale; as a result, the shapes of front yoke and pole piece have been redesigned. Therefore, the shapes well suited for efficiency and magnetic uniformity have been successfully realised. Through this careful re-engineering, it was possible to increase the output without increasing the mass of vibration section.
Redesigning the body structure
The materials of the old P-1 body were reconsidered from the ground up in order to get the best balance of sound quality. The materials of base and body have been respectively changed to stainless steel and duralumin.
Inheriting the high quality materials for audio sound
Many of the same high grade materials for sound quality used in the P-1G and other models are inherited by the PP-1000.
- Cantilever made of pure boron material
- Magneto coil
- Pure iron coil
- Bobbin and wire damper made of 6N oxygen-free copper wire
- Power Generation Method: Moving Coil Type
- Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Applicable Stylus Force: 1.7 to 2.0g
- Output Voltage: 0.29mV(horizontal direction of 1kHz 50mm/s)
- Compliance: 8.0X10(e-6)cm/dyne
- Frequency Range :10Hz to to 30kHz
- Separation: 30dB or more (1kHz)
- Channel Balance: Within 1dB (1kHz）
- Range of Recommended Temperature: 20° to 26°
- Mass: 14.3g
- Stylus: Diamond, Line Contact / curvature 0.03×0.003mm
- Cantilever: Pure Boron φ0.26
- Magnet: Samarium Cobalt Magnet
- Magnetic Circuit Composition Material: Permendur
- Base: Stainless(Diamond Like Carbon processing)
- Body: Duralumin(Diamond Like Carbon processing)