The Model M2-9R precision pick up arm developed, by popular demand, from the Model M2-12R offers the design and engineering excellence associated with SME Ltd in a more compact package.
As a member of the M2 family this arm is built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts and among its extensive features are included: Vertical and horizontal tracking adjustment, Tungsten balance weights housed in satin chromed brass sleeves. Double draw-pin detachable headshell with azimuth adjustment and height adjustment by thumb wheel enabling its use with wide range of both cartridges and turntables.
- S2-R Aluminium shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- Double draw-in pin bayonet fitting design ensures a rigid junction with the tone-arm.
- Stainless steel ground horizontal spindle carried in substantial yoke in lOmm diameter precision ball race bearings.
- Stainless steel ground vertical spindle with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple the spindle with the yoke.
- The 23mm diameter steel pillar is heat treated, ground, internally honed and carries two 17mm diameter precision ball race bearings widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Internal wiring is Silver Litz.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making the tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Unique headshell to tone-arm coupling readily allows cartridge azimuth adjustment.
- The Anti-Skate control operates through an Anti-Skate weight and filament and is adjustable for up to 5g of cartridge vertical tracking force (VTF).
- The lowering/raising control gives a smooth positive action and allows for the lifting height of the cartridge above the record to be adjusted.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight inserts allow for maximum centre of gravity shift to balance a greater range of cartridges. Up to 38g in S2-R headshell and direct plug-in heads up to 46g.
- Precise vertical tracking force up to 5g is applied in 0.5 increments via the rider weight and graduated wayrod.
- Thumbwheel cartridge vertical tracking angle (VTA), height adjustment.
- Bedplate affords +/- 12.0mm movement to facilitate horizontal tracking angle (HTA) adjustment.
FREE SHIPPING AUSTRALIA WIDE