Phasemation released PP-300, as the model to celebrate the10th anniversary of the brands establishment, as the new entry level model. Although a lower cost cartridge the PP-300 incorporates many of the features and know-how of the PP-1000. The results are similar to the PP-1000, freshness in mids and highs, richness the bass.
Feed-back of PP-1000 magnetic circuit technology
To the magnetic circuit structure the technology of PP-1000, the flagship model, is applied; and by refining materials and manufacturing and finishing cost advantage has been enhanced. Furthermore, by changing to samarium-cobalt magnet, the re-creation of excellent feeling of sound field and freshness has been successfully realized, which was been difficult for our conventional P-3.
Inheriting the Body for High Quality Audio Sound
PP-300 inherits the duralumin for the cartridge base and body. Duralumin was previously used and acknowledged in the P-3. as the materials of base and body. Addition to the duralumin, a DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) coating is conducted; further enhancing the structures excellent rigidity and vibration-damping characteristics.
Inheriting the Materials for High Quality Audio Sound
PP-300 inherits the following materials for high quality audio sound well-established in PP-1000 and others:
- Cantilever made of pure boron
- Magneto coil made of 6N oxygen-free copper wire
- Pure iron coil bobbin
- Cartridge Type: Moving Coil
- Impedance: 4 ohm
- Appropriate stylus pressure: 2.0 g
- Output voltage: 0.28 mV or more(1 kHz, 50 mm/s, Horizontal direction)
- Compliance: 8.0x10(e-6) cm/dyne
- Frequency Range: 10Hz to 30kHz
- Separation: 30 dB or more (1 kHz)
- Channel balance: 1 dB or less (1 kHz)
- Mass: 11.1 g
- Stylus: Diamond - Line contact; Curvature: 0.03 x 0.003 mm