The newly released Phasemation PP-500 follows the technologies of the flagship model PP-2000 realised as a more affordably priced option. The PP-500 is a culmination of Phasemations advancing cartridge technologies, accurately inheriting the lineage of Phasemation's very popular flagship cartridge PP-2000 which was released at the end of 2015.
While reducing the cost, Phasemation have ensured the PP-2000's fundamental performances such as the incredible imaging, spatial reproduction. The med & high frequencies having excellent energy and timbre, whilst providing great low bass extension and weight.
Newly designed magnetic circuit
Like the PP-2000, the PP-500 impliments an advanced magnetic field design having high efficiency and uniformity.
Improved trackability with vibration adjustment
The PP-500 has an improved version of the PP-300's vibration system. By adopting the base made of duralumin and improving the suspension the dynamics and realism are vastly improved.
High quality materials for sound quality
The same high quality materials of PP-2000 are used in the PP-500:
- In addition to the duralumin body, a DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) coating is applied; further enhancing the structures excellent rigidity and vibration-damping characteristics.
- Cantilever made of pure boron material
- Magneto coil made of 6N oxygen-free copper wire
- Pure iron coil bobbin.
- Cartridge Type: Moving Coil
- Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Applicable Stylus Force: 1.7 to 2.0g
- Output Voltage: 0.3mV (horizontal direction of 1kHz 50mm/s)
- Compliance: 8.0 µm/mN (8.0x10(-6) cm/dyne)
- Frequency Range: 10Hz to 30kHz
- Separation: 30dB or more (1kHz)
- Channel Balance: Within 1dB (1kHz）
- Mass: 11.3g
- Stylus Chip: Diamond - Line Contact / curvature 0.03×0.003mm
- Cantilever: Pure Boron φ0.26
- Magnet: Samarium Cobalt Magnet
- Magnetic Circuit Composition Material: Permendur
- Base: Machined Duralumin (Diamond Like Carbon processing)
- Body: Machined Duralumin (Diamond Like Carbon processing)